Thursday, January 13, 2011

blunderbuss

I woke up this morning with an idea.  Blunderbuss.  I don't know why I thought of this particular word, but it kept nagging at me throughout the morning.  A blunderbuss is a firearm that was commonly used by pirates throughout the 1700s. What made this weapon so popular was the fact that you could load into the muzzle anything that you wanted and the gun would turn those objects into deadly projectiles. You did not need bullets for this gun, everyday items found around the house could be your bullets.  This really stood out to me.  My biggest flaw in life can be analogized with a blunderbuss.  Just when I think I am safe, BOOM,  shrapnel hits me in the face.  I am knocked to the dirt, completely demoralized and there seems to be no hope of recovery.  Everyday things that the average person would ignore can become a weapon against me.  Some days are harder than others, but I would love nothing more than to erase that part of me.  I just want to go back to the time before this was allowed to creep into me.

I don't want people to get worried about me,  I will be fine.  This was just something that was weighing on me for quite a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment